Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Managing five

It wasn't so long ago I sat in Kristina's living room and listened to several women I admire talk about five children being the testing point in their careers as stay at home superstars. These women have amazed me in many ways. These are the kind of women who lovingly place their warm apple pie in the window sill to cool while they help their children understand everything from Paul to polynomials, then off to soccer practice then back to their immaculate home in time to have dinner steaming on the table for their husband.

For lack of a better word it was wonderful to see the human side of these women. Now I am there, where they were... at five kids, trying to figure out how to balance it all "through my Christ who strengthens me."

Celi

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that YOU are an amazing mother and I KNOW you are doing a great job!

    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronda, To receive such words from you is truly a blessing. YOU, my friend, are the amazing one. Thank you for the smile :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For one year, I was the mother of five kids. I totally understand. It is enough to send one over the edge some days. None of us can truly manage without God's strength, love, and grace. When you find yourself bemoaning how you've responded to your kids, just ask God and your kids to forgive you. Then take some time to bask in God's love for you. Don't forget the truth too. The truth is that you are a great mom!!!

    ReplyDelete