Friday, December 17, 2010

Christianity for the Simple Minded

The other day I was browsing through my favorite websites when I came across yet another rebuttal from N.T. Wright written for John Piper. Apparently, there is a dispute with these two that resembles the football rivalry between Michigan and Ohio State University. When one writes a book, the other writes a rebuttal. Then another book and another rebuttal. So here I was reading this N.T. Wright article when I realized I needed a dictionary in order to make it through the first paragraph! After reaching for the nearest dictionary (which I had to fight two public school educators for at a teacher's store outlet BTW) I started thumbing through. By the second paragraph, my brain blew up. I actually felt the pressure build up, watched the steam billow forth from my eardrums than POP! it exploded. I backtracked out of the article laid my head in my hands and realized I am way too simple to read complicated stuff like this. So how easy would it be for me to be deceived?
Later James came home from work and I told him about the mess in my head that was once my brain and the cause for said disaster. He explained to me in layman's terms what is going on between Mr. Wright and Mr. Piper and the basic points of the article. I breathed a sigh of relief. Wow, thanks to My God that my husband gets it!
What a man! I'm telling you. And I know many women out there are probably a lot more biblically sophisticated than this fool that writes before you but a special prayer I am sending out to our husbands as our headships and our protectors. I have always been easily swayed so having an anchor as my partner is incredibly crucial.
Remember Eve was the one deceived in the Garden of Eden as were the women of Antioch in Acts 13:50-52 But the Jews stirred up the devout and prominent women and the chief men of the city, raised up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. But they shook off the dust from their feet against them, and came to Iconium. And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.
it was the prominent women who were stirred first, then the chief men which I am ASSUMING were their husbands. Seriously ladies, we do hold great power as the wives of our husbands. We hold their ear more than their own mothers. As a result of the abusive deception of these women, the city was cursed by the shaking of the dust off of the Apostles feet and the blessings were sent elsewhere. How sad is this? Sigh. What a total segway on the part of this blogger, my apologies but a complete revealing FOR ME that as a simple minded Christian it is imperative that I seek the counsel of my husband in all that I learn as he does with me in order to fully equip ourselves with the armor of God for His glory in all that we do.
Fallen.
Simple.
Sinful fool.
Blowing my brains over N.T. Wright articles.
Just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment