Friday, July 31, 2009

Dating Vs. Courtship

My eight year old daughter...YES EIGHT YEAR OLD DAUGHTER just asked me what it means to court. I believe she overheard my husband and I talking about dating vs courting and was honestly wondering what it was her parents had in store for her future. I hemmed and hawed for a bit. I had an idea what I wanted to say but wasn't quite sure if it would come out the way her father would prefer it to. Then I found this video clip of Joshua and Anna Duggar talking about Dating Vs. Courting. If you would like to see it check it out following this link:

http://health.discovery.com/videos/17-kids-and-counting-webisodes-dating-vs-courtship.html

Bella watched it and seemed content with the results. She still doesn't quite understand what the big deal is. All of her male buddies are just that...her buddies. But that's great! That's what we want! Especially at eight!

No comments:

Post a Comment